Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Honeymoon Challenge

Have you ever made a new years resolution that you'll workout more frequently or that at the beginning of this year you'll lose that flabby stuff? By the end of February, if you made that far, you've given up. This is nothing like that!

Okay so my fiancee and I challenge each other constantly to be better physically and spiritually. A few months back we thought it'd be fun to set challenging expectations for one another for the wedding day/honeymoon. They may sound surface level for someone just reading this, however I assure you, meh they maybe, but not completely.

So you want to know what she asked of me?




To have a six pack of abs by the wedding day.





(THIS IS NOT ME JUST AN IMAGE FROM GOOGLE THAT SOMEONE SITTING NEXT TO ME SAW ME COPY AND PASTE HERE...AWKWARD)

I know what's going through your head, yeah yeah shut up. But do you know how difficult it is to get abs? If you're a twig not very. It's something you can't buy, there's no sort of "magic pill".

Instead, I have been enhancing my daily lifestyle habits that I will continue to work on and develop. A helpful post she sent me was "Get Fit: 44 Small Changes That Impact Your Health In Big Ways". 

When she set that challenge for me it wasn't selfishly for her. It was for me, so I could be healthier. She loves me without the abs already, but I would sure like them too.

Danny


44 Small Changes list, check out the link above for a more in-depth description and example for each point below.      (*= Controlled, **= Working progress)

1. Prioritize* 
2. Make a schedule* 
3. Include interval cardio workouts*
4. Weight training*
5. Consume only real food*
6. No fad diets*
7. Start off your morning with a cup of hot water and lemon
8. Never skip breakfast
9. Smoothies for breakfast
10. Eliminate dairy**
11. Limit your drinking*
12. Try meatless Mondays
13. Eat at the dinner table
14. Try vegan desserts
15. Create muscle confusion*
16. Be motivated*
17. Meal Prep
18. See the doctor regularly*
19. Spend some time relaxing, too*
20. Work out with a partner or take a fitness class
21. Portion control
22. Infused water
23. Confidence*
24. Eat food for its real purpose*
25. Detox Tea
26. Healthy protein* 
27. Eliminate red meat**
28. Choose fish
29. More meals
30. Do not eat two hours before bed**
31. Let go of eggs**
32. Choose brown rice
33. Make vegetable pasta
34. Drink green tea
35. Eat ginger
36. Be aware of when you're hungry and when you're just bored*
37. More sleep**
38. Be aware of ingredients in the food you're eating*
39. Let go of soda*
40. Incorporate coconut oil
41. Use natural sweeteners**
42. Try juicing**
43. Find a workout that you think is fun**
44. Don't give up!** 




No comments:

Post a Comment